Returning to Dance COVID-19 Pandemic
Please see our Returning to Dance Safety Measures below so you can feel comfortable with returning to In-Person learning at Creative Motion School of Dance
- Please do not come to the studio if you or a member of your hosehold has a fever or respiratory symptoms or have tested positive for COVID-19 in the last 14 days.
Frequent Hand Hygiene
- Hand sanitizing stations will be available outside of the classrooms. Students will be encouraged to wash their hands and/or sanitize before and after class.
- Hand washing posters are on display in the bathrooms.
- Teachers will wash hands and/or sanitize before and after each class.
Enhanced Cleaning Procedures
- We have increased our cleaning frequencies and sanitation procedures in high traffic areas and high touch surfaces of the studio such as doors, floors, counters, stereos, and bathrooms.
- The studio will be fogged each evening with food-grade/botanical-based foggers that allow for sanitation in otherwise very hard to reach surfaces.
Minimized Mixing & Mingling
- We have made facility, scheduling, and curricular changes to reduce mixing and minfling in support of social distancing recommendations. Dancers will stay in their school day "pods" for dance classes.
Facility & Curricular Adjustments
- Dancers will be strictly divided by grade level for the 2020-2021 studio year to stay within our social "pods".
- All waiting areas, dressing rooms, and front desk areas will be closed unless speficied.
- No food will be allowed in the studio.
- Curricular adjustments have been made to eliminate touching of common surfaces (no barre work). Dancers in classes with props will be required to purchase their own props to bring with them to class.
- Class sizes have been reduced and social distancing markers (6'x6' boxes) have been taped on the floor as visual reminders.
- At this time, we ask that parents wait in their cars or outside during classes to help with social distancing in the building. The waiting area will not be open to wait during your dancers' dance class. More specific information will go home with the welcome email.
Pick Up Procedures
- We are requiring dancers in Level II and under follow the pick up procedures below. All families with dancers older than Level II are welcome to follow the same procedures. Please talk with your dancer about your family plan for pick up.
- A parent/guardian will line up 2 minutes prior to the end of class time in the designated pick up area in the parking lot.
- A staff member will bring dancers to the door to meet their parent/guardian at class dismissal time.
- If a parent/guardian is not in the pick up line at dismissal, the dancer will wait in the closed waiting area. When a parent arrives, please wait outside until your dancer is released by a Creative Motion Dance staff member.
- Please arrive dressed and ready for class. Dressing rooms will be closed. Bathrooms will be available for toilet use only; not for changing clothes.
- Please use a bag specific to dance class (preferably a PVC or cloth bag that can be easily sanitized/laundered. Dancers will bring this bag into the studio for changing their shows.
- There will be designated areas for belongings. Please advise your dancers to leave extra belongings in designated areas only.
- Please bring clearly labeled and pre-filled water bottles. The water faucet will not be available.
- We encourage all dancers and fitness friends to use the restoom at home before coming to class. Bathrooms will be limited for emergencies and will need to be sanitizied after each use.
- With the Governor's Order, masks will be required in the studio until September 28th, or otherwise indicated.
- Once the mask mandate is lifted, masks will be encouraged in class so long we are experiencing the COVID-19 Pandemic.
- Mask breaks will be given to dancers in classes where their activity levels begins to approach aerobic activity. At this time, dancers will be dismissed to marked spots throughout the studio space where they can adequately social distance.
Zoom Online Classes
- We are committed to offering dance education and fitness in a variety of ways to meet the healty, safety and individual needs of the time. We will continue to offer onlince dance and fitness classes in addition to the more limited In-Person classes to accommodate demand for remote instruction. Please see our schedule for details or contact us directly for more information.
- In the event that we are moved to a Safer-At-Home Order and are not able to hold In-Person classes, we will provide Zoom classes at the regularly scheduled class time so that dancers can complete their session enrollment.
- For studio updates, please be sure to read emails from Creative Motion Dance and join our Private Facebook Page.